Thursday, February 19

The McDonald's Cheeseburger Incident

And now for something completely different – a “dear diary” type entry…

I had a very humorous experience at McDonald’s last night. First of all, I don’t want any smack talk about my occasional partaking of a McDonald’s cheeseburger. They are $0.99 and are so good. I don’t care if they’re partly made of plastic or include cat meat, etc. They are delicious. I actually prefer to eat two of them rather than one Big Mac. Secondly, it’s my first burger since I’ve had since my wisdom teeth and every bite was worth the careful chewing I had to focus on. Here is what happened in a script format:

Tori approaches the counter. She scans the menu board and spots Cheeseburger for $0.99. She turns to the lady behind the counter and begins to order.

Tori: Hi, I would like a cheeseburger.

Counter Lady: Cheeseburger?

Tori: Yes, just one.

Counter Lady: OK. (she taps various buttons on her register) $2.47.

Tori: (confused, looks up at menu, where it still reads Cheeseburger, $0.99) Um, I’m sorry, it says your cheeseburger is $0.99. I just want one.

Counter Lady: Cheeseburger?

Tori: Yes, one cheeseburger (gestures at menu).

Counter Lady: (hits more register buttons) OK, $2.18.

Tori: (gives up, hands the lady a five dollar bill and gets her change)

5 Minutes Later…Tori’s order is ready. On the tray are two cheeseburgers…two double cheeseburgers!


So what can you do? I’m really a huge pushover and didn’t want to embarrass this lady for not understanding me. I took the tray back to where Mr. Bean and I were sitting, and opened one cheeseburger. I peeled off the extra patty, which Mr. Bean ate, and now we have a Double Cheeseburger sitting in our fridge.

As a sidenote: I realize that I can get a double cheeseburger for $0.01 more than a regular cheeseburger, but I personally believe the regular has the perfect ratio of bread, cheese, and meat. So there!

7 comments:

kim said...

I'm totally with you on those tasty little cheeseburgers! I squoosh mine down flat and lick the mustard and ketchup at it oozes out the sides...mmmmmmmMMMMMM! we're all gonna die, whether we eat cheeseburgers or vomit up stalks of celery...I'd rather go out with a dab of mustard on the corner of my mouth!

lesbo said...

Hahaha you are a brave soul to confess your love for the mcd's cheesburger! Nicely done :)

Kim--you'd look great with mustard on your face!

Carrie said...

I am with ya girl! I have to have a McD burger every now and then.

I usually regret it later that night but I enjoy those few moments anyway.

Reeni said...

I love their cheeseburgers!! They are so good. I came over to say hi and thanks for visiting my "saucy" blog!

Snowberry Creek said...

Sounds like my local McDonalds - they have a problem getting orders right.

I have to confess that I like the tasty little burgers, too.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

This happened to us this afternoon!!! I ordered 3 cheeseburgers from the "value menu" (read 99 cents each) and was charged over $7.00! I wasn't as nice as you:) I got the manager who fixed and threw a Shamrock shake into the deal for free! LOL!

Molly Anne said...

This cracked me up. I was expecting someone to say "I don't know's on third" at any moment!

 
Clicky Web Analytics