Wednesday, January 7

Moroccan Gold Miracle Oil Hair Treatment

My hair is prone to getting easily pissed off and frizzing out when not under the careful supervision of my miracle worker, the guy who cuts my hair (let's call him Awesome Hair Guy). I was in Awesome Hair Guy's shop a few weeks ago for my quarterly trim and saw a display of Moroccan Gold Miracle Oil Treatment. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of it for you, but the website listed on their product isn't actually up as I write this.

The word "oil" really creeps me out since I can have oily hair, so I really wasn't thrilled when B reached for this stuff and worked a quarter-sized glop of it into my long hair when he was ready to dry it. However, I decided to give it a chance because A) Awesome Hair Guy is not afraid to tell you what he thinks and subsequently scares the sh*t out of me, and B) this guy has recommended a number of good products to me, including telling me what cheap knock-off to get at the drugstore when I couldn't afford his version.

So I sat back and allowed Awesome Hair Guy to work his magic with this oil. Once he was done styling me, I was instantly won over. Amazingly, the product does what it tells you it will do. It eliminated the vast majority of frizzies that plague my crown area and my long bangs, and also didn’t make my hair look greasy (just very shiny). It also doesn’t have a fake/perfumey smell – just a little bit of something earth, I think, which makes sense when you consider the product.

Claims on the packaging include:
-100% pure and certified organic Argan oil
-Repairs, softens and strengthens dry, brittle, frizzy, overworked hair
-Not oily or greasy and there's no buildup to make your hair heavy and flat
-Reduces drying time (40-50%)
-Alcohol free formula
-Nourished and eliminates dry, itchy scalp
-Encourages healthier, hair growth
-Great hair control and manageability


The problem is where to find it! Awesome Hair Guy had 4 ounce bottles for $40, but gave me a 0.25 ounce sample packet to try out, which lasted for a good 6-8 uses (like I said, I have hair halfway down my back and use about a quarter size dollop each time). I wasn’t ready to commit to $40, but was able to order several of these packets on Ebay for way less than the cost of the bottled product (let me know if you want the seller's info), so I recommend you give this a try!

SEPTEMBER 2009 UPDATE: Several people have contacted me asking me what the Ebay seller's name was or where they might find it. Unfortunately, the Ebay seller is no longer is business and the brand itself seems to have disappeared! I did some research into it and believe that they may have renamed it and repackaged it to appeal to a wider buying group because I now see articles in celebrity magazines about Moroccan Argan oil. My advice is for you to start there on your quest for this great product. Good luck!

6 comments:

MzTress Company said...

Hi. You can find this product for now on www.mztress.com. Quantities are limited.

Anonymous said...

This stuff really works! My hair stylist came across it a few months ago and I LOVE it. I have long frizzy/dry/coarse hair and it really tames it and softens it. I totally recommend it!

Unknown said...

This is the most amazing product. I am a hairdresser and have used it on many hair types and it works beautifully. I was told they took it off the market and that the original product is called Moroccan oil. I am not as pleased with the effects of this product compared to the Moroccan Gold.I want the Moroccan Gold Miracle Oil back!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a stylist also, wanted to let everyone know the deal with Moroccan Miracle Gold Oil. Moroccan Oil company had a lawsuit against Moroccan Gold for the name. Moroccan Gold is now back on the market but had to change their name. Its now called Agadir. Same formula, just a cheesier name, but who cares?! This stuff is great! Hope that helps everyone out!!

Anonymous said...

Best blog ever! Thank you (and commentators, too) for providing just the information I needed.

LauraWolfhart said...

I actually prefer Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil instead of the Moroccan Oil. Pro naturals has more benefits (also a heat protectant) and it's super light on my hair, not greasy. I use it a few times a week and my hair is much shinier, healthier and stronger :) Got it online at beyas.

 
Clicky Web Analytics